From the National Religious Campaign Against Torture (http://www.nrcat.org):
The National Religious Campaign Against Torture has begun its search for a Director for Program and Outreach to succeed John Humphries. The Director for Program and Outreach equips, engages, and mobilizes faith communities and organizations throughout the U.S. in specific campaigns and in support of the on-going mission of NRCAT. The job description can be found at http://www.nrcat.org/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=680&Itemid=487.
All applications need to be received by September 4. Please email them to Richard Killmer at email@example.com. Applications should include:
- A cover letter describing the applicant’s interest in the position and the assets and experience the applicant would bring to the position.
- Three references with phone numbers and email addresses
- A resume.
This is an exempt position responsible to NRCAT’s Executive Director. Salary will be commensurate with experience. The number of hours per week and whether the person will work in the NRCAT office in Washington, DC are negotiable.
The qualifications that we seek include:
- Comfortable engaging in faith /interfaith relationships and settings.
- Experience in mobilizing religious organizations to engage in specific issues.
- Experience in managing volunteers.
- Persuasive in recruiting and sustaining participation in an organization’s mission.
- Effective writer and speaker.
- Has, at a minimum, an undergraduate degree.
If you have any questions about the position, please contact Richard Killmer at 202-547-1920 or firstname.lastname@example.org.