From NETWORK (http://www.networklobby.org):
The Supreme Court has upheld President Obama’s signature healthcare reform law, an important step in providing universal healthcare coverage.
This week, for the thirty-first time, the House is expected to vote on repealing this law.
Key provisions of this bill have already benefitted millions of Americans, and when various other provisions start in 2014, these benefits will extend to millions more. Under the law:
- 6.6 million young-adults are now insured by being able to stay on their parents’ plans until the age of 26.
- 13 million Americans will receive a rebate this summer because their insurance company spent too much of their premium dollars on administrative costs or CEO bonuses.
- 5.3 million seniors and people with disabilities on Medicare save an average of over $600 on prescription drugs.
- 30 million people will be provided with coverage through an expansion of Medicare.
- 129 million Americans with pre-existing conditions cannot be denied coverage.
Tell Congress to stop attempting to derail full implementation of the law and get back to work creating good jobs for Americans.
You can call your representative via the Capitol switchboard 202-225-3121 and/or send them an e-mail message via http://capwiz.com/networklobby/issues/alert/?alertid=61552536.