Healing Communities training is being offered in conjunction with the Pennsylvania Council of Churches annual conference: Lord, Let our Eyes Be Opened: Breaking the Chains of Mass Incarceration.
Where: Red Lion Hotel and Conference Center, 4751 Lindle Road, Harrisburg
When: October 23, 2015, 8:30 a.m.-4:00 p.m.
- 1 in 104 American adults are currently incarcerated
- 1 in 28 Pennsylvanians are under criminal justice system control
The odds are EVERY congregation has members impacted by crime and the criminal justice system, whether as crime victims, offenders or families.
Shame and stigma prevent people from talking about the resulting hurts and harms, or seeking help.
How can congregations create a culture of safety and support for those who need it?
Healing Communities training offers answers.
Healing Communities is a proven, national model, created by the Annie E. Casey Foundation and faith leaders from across the theological spectrum, to engage congregations in the restoration and healing of their own members who have been impacted by crime and the criminal justice system.
The Lancaster County Reentry Management Organization (RMO), in partnership with the Pennsylvania Council of Churches, is offering the one-day Healing Communities training for clergy and lay leaders as a pre-conference offering for the Council’s annual conference: Lord, Let our Eyes Be Opened: Breaking the Chains of Mass Incarceration.
This training will equip and empower congregations with resources, information and support, while each congregation decides on its own action plan and approach to work toward being a healing community, based on its own culture, beliefs and demographics.
The training covers:
- Essential information and perspectives on the criminal justice system, current issues, and the impact of crime on victims, survivors, offenders and families
- Relevant questions for reflection and discussion within congregations
- Ideas and resources for pastors and faith leaders to engage congregants
- Tools, information and resources for congregation members
- Resources and dedicated time to develop customized a congregational action plan suited to the culture, demographics and core beliefs of each congregation
REGISTER NOW at https://pachurches-hc-20151023.eventbrite.com.
COST: $40/person or $100/3 people from a congregation (includes all materials & lunch)
PAYMENT INFORMATION: After completing the online registration, to complete your registration and guarantee your seat in the training, please CALL Linda Shenck at the Pennsylvania Council of Churches office at 717-545-4761 to make payment for your congregational team to attend this training.
Have questions about Healing Communities Training for Congregations/Clergy (criminal justice system impact on individuals/ families/ communities)? Contact Lancaster County Reentry Management Organization (RMO)