From the Education Policy and Leadership Center (http://www.eplc.org):
Sponsored by The Education Policy and Leadership Center
Tuesday, August 14 - Harrisburg – 8:15 a.m. to 5 p.m.
800 North Third Street, EPLC’s 5th Floor Conference Room, Harrisburg
Registration Fee of $89 includes workshop, workshop materials, continental breakfast, and lunch.
Learn More About These Important Education Issues:
- Where PA Stands on Student Performance
- Impact of 2012-2013 PA Education Budget
- Equity and K-12 Funding Reform Issues
- Property Tax Reform Issues
- Governance of Public Education in PA
- Intersection of Local, State, Federal Policy
- State Education Policy Levers
- School Choices in PA
- Choice Issues – Funding & Accountability
- School Vouchers
- Educational Improvement Tax Credits
- Charter Schools & Cyber Schools
- School Employee Pension System Crisis
- Special Education Funding
- Career-Technical Education Funding
- Early Childhood Education
- Arts and Education
- PA System of Standards and Assessments
- Distressed Districts and Interventions for Failing Schools/Students
- Teacher Quality and Supply
- New PA Teacher Evaluation
- School District Consolidation
- Higher Education Governance
- Higher Education Funding
- Higher Education Access and Affordability
- Wrap-Up Q&A Session with a distinguished panel of education leaders and advocates.
Register Now! – Space is Limited!
Register online or by mail to EPLC, 800 North Third St., Suite 408, Harrisburg, PA 17102
(Campaign funds may be used for tuition or travel expenses.)
The Education Issues Workshop is led by Ronald Cowell, president of EPLC, a former PA House Education Committee chair, and former member of the Pennsylvania State Board of Education. For additional biographical information, go to http://www.eplc.org/about/staff/.