Title: Outreach and Engagement of Homeless Youth
Time: Friday,July 20th at 10a.m.
Presenters: Shane Burroughs, Street Outreach Program Coordinator, Bucks County Valley Youth House and Leigh Howard, Diana T. Myers & Associates, Inc.
This training is designed to prepare communities to identify and count homeless youth during the August 15th unsheltered point-in-time count of the homeless. The presentation will include:
- An explanation of HUD’s “youth” definition
- A summary of the US Interagency Council on Homelessness’ proposed framework for ending youth homelessness
- An overview of the activities of the State’s Ad Hoc Committee on Homeless Youth
- A review of the youth-focused questions added to the Interview Forms for the August 15th unsheltered point-in-count of the homeless
- Identifying and locating homeless youth in preparation for the August unsheltered point-in-time count
- Engaging homeless youth
- Safety tips for conducting the unsheltered point-in-time count
- And more
To register, please send your name and contact information to firstname.lastname@example.org.