From the Pennsylvania School Funding Campaign (http://www.paschoolfunding.org):
Pennsylvania’s students need you to TAKE ACTION TODAY concerning the 2012-2013 state budget to support education.
Tell your members of the Pennsylvania State Senate and House of Representatives that you want them to:
- Reject the Governor’s proposal for a so-called Student Achievement Block Grant that has nothing to do with promoting student achievement, but will shift more funding responsibility from the state to local taxpayers.
- Restore at least $100 million to the Accountability Block Grant that does help school districts support programs that increase student achievement.
- Restore at least $50 million for distressed school districts that were hardest hit by the state’s cut of almost $900 million to districts last summer.
- Reject the Governor’s call for a moratorium on the state paying a share of school construction costs.
- Protect taxpayers by supporting reform of funding that school districts are required to make to charters schools.
Let them know that the budget cuts they made last summer are hurting Pennsylvania’s students, and ultimately are bad for the state’s workforce and economy.
Contact your legislator today at http://capwiz.com/paschoolfunding/home/.
On behalf of Pennsylvania’s students, Thank You!